We are so excited to finally show you our Tiny Handz Calendar for 2013. SOO many stories have warmed our heart over the last 4 years that we have been waiting for the right time to do this. Now the time has come and we hope to do this annually!
This calendar consist of various photos of our children and even special needs adults across SA using SASL for their daily communication needs (featuring Unica school, Lettie Fouche School, Thuthukani, Carpe Diem, Footprints, Hi Hopes, Aanhouwen Centre, Loren Stow Parent Support group and more individual cases as sent by therapists and teachers).
We have two options for you: the plain white paper A4 calendar and then the laminated A4 Calendar which can be used to write on as well with a non-permanent pen for possible notes. All calendars ringbinded for your convenience. Both Afrikaans and English Calenders are available.
Profit made from the calendar goes towards subsidising centres that have already identified their need for this training but cannot afford it, for 2013. SO please do support us in buying the Calendar and you will be supporting them as well!
Also, consider our other products for sale, especially put together for all our clients! Our material is unique in that you will not find any similar product in SA. We hope to bring out even more early next year, especially in the form of storybooks and even DVD’s with stories and rhymes, later next year.
Thanks so much for your support and being part of the Tiny Handz Family and to everyone that made a contribution!
Please join us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/groups/118997840383/) or go to our website (www.tinyhandz.co.za) and click on the Facebook link at the bottom of the Home page.
Thank you so much for your support and keep on changing your world!
For more info on Tiny Handz and the training we do for the special need environments as well as a list of those who have undergone our training since 2009.
Please see the registration form that needs to be completed and send back to us for the date you wish to join us. You can fill this in electronically and e-mail it back to us, or fill it in by hand and fax it to the number on the form. Once we received your registration form, we send you the final info (address of the venue, etc). Please note that your payment should only be made after sending your registration form, which upon you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Payment can be done over two months if arranged beforehand.
Also note that the training is not limited to professionals but to anyone within the special need spectrum i.e. parents, caregivers, teachers, interested family members, etc.
If you wish to see your full SA training schedule please visit our website www.tinyhandz.co.za/classes.html and click on the pdf link, or click here (schedule for February - May 2013).
Tiny Handz is excited to also host specialized training of specific signs for use within the hospital / rehabilitation environment focusing even more on adult individuals in the hospital or rehabilitation environment who have lost speech due to stroke, operations, recovering in ICU and various other medical conditions etc. for use of these signs to help with communication (even if just for a period of time). This is an optional 2 to 4 day training with 7 to 17 CPD points to be allocated, depending on the length of the training required, open to all within the medical and health environment. Those interested can contact us directly for more information on this training as well as a specific programme layout.
Excited to possibly meeting with you soon!
Cell: 082 218 7339
Cell: 083 607 5151
Read what some recent attendees had to say about our course:
- Baie goeie kursus, interessant en gebruikersvriendelik! Arbeidsterapeut (George)
- Really a fantastic resource and well presented; easy to learn; with the capacity to change lives. Thanks!! OT (Port Elizabeth)
- Very well presented, informative and lots of fun! OT (Special needs school in George)
- Loves this training and would encourage any person, especially health professionals to attend and learn. Enjoyed the class so much. This is a good realistic way of signing for the special learner. Felicitas School
- Ek sal die kursus ten sterkste aanbeveel – die assosiasies is wonderlik om die gebare te help onthou! Durban
- This training was amazing, I thought it would be so difficult to sign but it is not! P McLaren from Pietermaritzburg
- Very delightful, fun and easy to learn. Will be amazed how fast it is to learn and how much enjoyable signing is while talking! St Raphael school
- Well presented and easy to understand and the practical part of it makes the learning so much easier. Durban
- Tiny Handz is a fabulous course. Occupational Therapist (Sabrina Love Foundation Plett)
- Excellent course and really interactive. Would recommend for any therapist working in the special needs spectrum. Pietermaritzburg
- Really good, especially Monita’s personal background – makes it so much more real. Joey Usher
- Ongelooflik prakties en interaktief. Ek het dit ongelooflik baie geniet! Parent (George)
- Would thoroughly recommend this training for all people working with special needs children. Razia Alli (Durban)
- This was the most interactive and most practical session on SASL I have ever attended. I will most certainly use it! Thank you so much! Zamantungwa (Grey Hospital)
- The workshop was really great and as a special school, we will really need and use this! Grey Hospital.
- Wonderfully preserved and extremely practical. Amazing product! OT – Sterreweg Plettenberg Bay
- Thank you for making signing real to me! Salome (Kimberley)
- Thank you for great worksheets to work from! What an awesome training experience! Kimberley Hospital
- Educational and useful. I would recommend this course to all involved with special needs. Sonja Wellington (Centurion)
- Excellent introduction to signing, user friendly and very practical. Domini Lewis - Pietermaritzburg
- Wonderlike kursus! Wat ‘n wonderlike ervaring! A. Fourie (Centurion)
- Baie professioneel – baie dankie. Carin (Centurion)
- This course really dispelled the myth that learning and practically doing sign language is difficult! Thank you! Occupational Therapist (George)
- The cross culture ability is amazing for areas where languages are not only English or Afrikaans and it is simple enough to use in rural areas. M Knopjes (Centurion)
- ‘n Moet vir elke ouer wat omgee en ‘n verskil wil maak. Leoni Holtzhausen (Centurion)
- Was baie lekker – kan nie wag om dit toe te pas nie! Dankie en dankie! Pretoria
- Great course. Will recommend to anyone working with persons with verbal difficulties! M. Nash (CTown)
- Dis ‘n taal wat ons aanleer! Bemagtiging om ander te bemagtig! C Conradie (Kaapstad)
- This is a really applicable skill. It’s so important to implement in early years of communication development and can lay the foundation for further learning. Stephanie (Cape Town)
- I love how interactive the workshops are. Dazlin (Cape Town)
- Baie goeie kursus hoor – gaan defnitief baie help. Annette (Centurion)
- Monita is puik!! Het elke oomblik geniet! Onderwyser (Janie Shneider Skool – Klerksdorp)
- Die klas is ‘n baie praktiese kreatiwe kusus wat alle mense in voeling sal sit met mense wat min of geen spraak het nie. Baie baie dankie. (Teacher – Alma School)
- Highly recommended course for speech therapists and parents of special needs children. (Speech therapist: Bryandale)
- Dankie dit was baie leersaam. Dit is te moeilik om dit aleen te leer. Na die opleiding kan mens dit beter gaan toepas. (Mother of child with special needs-Centurion)
- Very useful. It will definitely assist us in our domestic communication. (Mother of child with special needs-Centurion)
- Baie leersaam. EK moes dit al vroeër gedoen het, dan sou ek meer insig he! (Mother of child with special needs-Centurion)
- Very interesting and helpful method of communication for challenged kids. (Father of special needs child – Centurion)
- Thank you for the practical and useful training! (Speech therapist: Centurion)
- Very practical. Outstanding! (Teacher Maranatha Bana School – Centurion)
- As a person without Sign Language knowledge, you made it easy to understand. (Sandton)
- Thank you very much. This will help so much in my communication with my autistic child. (Parent from Sandton)
- This course opens up a whole new world for both therapist, parent, teacher and child. (Therapist, Knysna)
- I left this day, feeling equipped and confident to start using signing. (Teacher, School in Knysna)
- Hierdie opleiding het my hele uitkyk van kommunikasie en ‘hand signing’ verander. Dis net awesome! (Anoejska, Brits)
- Dit was baie leersaam en gaan ‘n nuwe wereld van kommunikasie oopmaak vir my. (Onderwyser, Brits)
- Everyone needs to attend this workshop so that everyone can see that those who cannot speak or hear, should not be excluded from our world. (Roodepoort)
- I enjoyed the class so much. This is a good realistic way of signing for the special learner. Felicitas School
- Baie goeie kursus hoor – gaan defnitief baie help. Annette (Centurion)