- Greenwood Primary
Greenwood Primary School had its origin in the Albert Jackson Primary School which first opened its doors on 26 January 1942 on the corner of Pearson Street and Belmont Terrace overlooking the Donkin Reserve.
The school occupied the Old Grey Institute building which was the old Port Elizabeth Teachers’ Centre. The school was named after Mr Albert Jackson, a businessman, who played a prominent role in promoting and fostering education in Port Elizabeth.
The school flourished and the buildings became inadequate and antiquated. After years of correspondence and representation to the Department, four stately old homes were expropriated in Park Drive to build the present school building. The school has a pleasant setting, steeped in history and is highly conducive to learning activities.